I had saved the inspiration for this cake long before Myles was into Minecraft because it looked like it would be super easy and so effective. And it was! Myles wanted a Minecraft themed party and I jumped at the chance! I had to use the same pan for all parts to get the same sized blocks the easiest, but that was easy enough, as each part was super easy. I made a double batch brown packet mix so it sat high enough in the tray. I cooked it a bit too much to compensate for the double batch and also to make sure it was firm enough, but it was a yum firm brownie. The Rice Bubble marshmallow slice was very easy with melted butter and marshmallow with Rice Bubbles set in the fridge! I was worried the jelly would melt so added extra gelatine, which made it nice a firm. I thought about doing red jelly for lava too but kept it simple. Butter icing in 2 shades piped on as grass finished the grass/dirt blocks. And some Lego Minevraft characters on top finished the look. However, we removed the white from the tree after Myles told me that it was snow and didn't go in the non-snow environment.
It was also easy to share being already cut up. I think brownie was better than cake as it is former and less crumbly. Any crumbs as it was stuck to the marshmallow slice. I also put some skewers through the high pile of brownie to stop it toppling and stuck each piece down with icing (the marshmallow slice was already super sticky). The top tier was where the candles sat. As we were outside for a park party the icing and jelly did end up melting a bit but we didn't have any full shade and maybe should've had it earlier..?

No comments:
Post a Comment